Flying with your Dot Board
The capacity of each dot board battery module is below the 99wh limit typically imposed by airline carriers.
Rules change frequently and carriers maintain their right to vary the conditions of carriage at last minute so please always follow instructions from relevant travel authorities.
Some general tips for flying with your dot board:
- Remove the batteries from your dot board whenever flying
- Pack the batteries into your hand luggage
- Check in the dot board as your check in luggage
- Do not use or transport a dot battery if the casing breaks open, leaks any substance, becomes excessively hot, or if you detect an unusual odour.
- If you notice a problem with your battery when flying, alert airline personnel immediately
- Lithium-ion batteries are regulated as “Hazardous Materials” by the U.S. Department of Transportation and care should be taken when shipping your board